Chain of custody policy and data policy basic labor rights requirements FSC® Permo S.R.L.
With the decision to implement an FSC Chain of Custody management system, Permo Srl, guarantees its customers that the wooden dowels for the marketed furniture respect what required by the FSC®-STD-40- 004 V3.1 standard.
To obtain this result, Permo Srl undertakes to verify and maintain an effective control during the purchase of the products by verifying the certification of the suppliers with the relative field of application, constant and planned training for key personnel, suspension of marketing of the product not compliant with FSC requirements, use of the logo on the product e promotional logos in compliance with the FSC -STD-50-001 V.2.1 standard, implement a self-assessment and relevant social requirements of the job policy as described below.
Permo Srl also declares that it is not directly or indirectly involved in the following unacceptable activities:
- Illegal logging or illegal trade in wood or forest products
- Violation of human and traditional rights in forestry operations
- Destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations
- Significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use
- Violation of any of the core Conventions of the ILO (International Labor organization)
Permo Srl is a company with healthy values and, for this reason, it considers essential to valorise the human capital and respect for the environment. Permo Srl therefore undertakes to comply with all laws and directives applicable, worker protection and environmental protection. Where applicable national laws, territorial laws, standards and agreements pertain to the same area, the most favorable provisions will be applied to guarantee respect for human rights and of the environment.
Permo Srl undertakes to comply with the requirements of the FSC-STD-40-004 V3.1 standard and declares the following:
- Children under 15 years of age and any workers who do not have will not be employed after compulsory schooling they will only work outside school hours without affect its frequency. No workers under the age of 18 will be employed in strenuous, dangerous and/or heavy work. Permo Srl, prohibits any other worst form of child labour
- All forms of forced and compulsory labor are prohibited. Permo Srl, declares that the reports of work applied by you are based on a voluntary basis and without mutual consent threats or punishments.
No evidence present of forced or compulsory labour, including, but not limited to the following practices:
a) physical and sexual violence
b) bonded work
c) wage withholding/including payment of employment taxes and or payment of a deposit to start the work
d) mobility restrictions
e) retention of identity document
f) threats of reporting to the authorities
Permo Srl respects the freedom of association and the effective right to collective bargaining. The organization therefore declares that the workers are able to join at their choice workers’ organizations or to found new ones; to respect the full freedom of workers’ organizations to draft their constitutions and rules; to respect the right of workers to engage in legal activities related to implementation, membership or support a workers’ organisation, or to refrain from doing the same, and will not discriminate or punish workers for exercising these rights. Permo Srl also declares that any negotiations carried out with the legally established workers’ organizations, will take place in good faith and with the maximum effort to reach an agreement. This policy is kept updated periodically according to the laws and standards in force and the constant monitoring of the social indicators applied for self-assessment. Permo Srl, guarantees the free consultation of this policy to all staff and to all interested parties.